FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
REACH® TOTAL CARE FLOSS FAQ
- What is REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss?
- Developed by Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., a leading pioneer in oral care, the REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss is the only flexible dental floss that uses revolutionary MICRO-GROOVES™ that stretch, to get between teeth, then grip, to remove up to two times more plaque than all Glide® floss products.* The floss also slides easily without shredding, offering an easy and more comfortable cleaning experience that is gentle on the gums.
- How does REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss work?
- REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss flexes around tooth surfaces like a tiny squeegee to grab and remove up to two times more plaque than all Glide® floss products. The floss slides easily without shredding and provides a superior, easy and more comfortable cleaning experience.
- How is the REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss different from other flosses on the market?
- REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss is the only flexible dental floss that uses revolutionary MICRO-GROOVES™ that work like a squeegee to grab and remove plaque for a superior clean. The easily sliding, flexible floss stretches, to get between teeth, then grips, to remove up to two times more plaque than all Glide® floss products.
- What are MICRO-GROOVES™ and how do they work?
- MICRO-GROOVES™ are raised ridges found exclusively on REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss. Because the floss is flexible, the MICRO-GROOVES™ act almost as tiny squeegees, grabbing and removing plaque for a superior clean.
- How strong is REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss?
- REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss is a single-fiber, flexible, shred-resistant floss and will not break with normal use.
- What material is REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss made of?
- REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss is made out of a stretchy material that allows the floss to flex to adapt to the contours between the teeth and slide without shredding for an easy, more effective cleaning experience. The floss is also more comfortable to grip and wrap around the fingers.
- What type of clinical studies were conducted to determine the efficacy of REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss?
- Four studies were conducted for REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss to determine efficacy. Clinical results showed that REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss removes up to two times more plaque than Glide® floss products. Additionally, a consumer comparison clinical test found that REACH® TOTAL CARE is a flexible, shred-resistant floss that slides as easily as Glide® Original Mint.
- Who should use REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss?
- Adults who need greater plaque removal.
- Adults with tight contacts, veneers and implants or who have had restorative work and need a shred-resistant, easy-sliding floss.
- Adults who seek a comfortable floss that is easy to use and does not cut into the fingers.
- Adults who do not currently floss and are looking for a positive flossing experience to acquaint them with the proper oral care routine of brushing, flossing and rinsing.
- How should REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss be used?
- For best results, use REACH® TOTAL CARE Floss once daily before or after brushing with a toothbrush and rinsing with an antimicrobial mouth rinse such as LISTERINE® Antiseptic.
The American Dental Association recommends the following steps when flossing:
Break off about 18 inches of floss and wind most around your fingers. Wind the remaining floss around the same finger of the opposite hand. This finger will take up the floss as it becomes dirty. Hold the floss tightly between your thumbs and forefinger.
(Notice how easily you can grip the flexible floss and hold it comfortably between your thumbs and forefingers.) Guide the floss easily between your teeth using a gentle rubbing motion. Never snap the floss into the gums.
When the floss reaches the gum line, curve it into a C-shape against one tooth. Gently slide it into the space between the gum and the tooth. Hold the floss tightly against the tooth. Gently rub the side of the tooth, moving the floss away from the gum with up and down motions. (Feel the floss flex to the contours of the teeth as it grabs and removes the plaque. Floss will make a "popping" sound as you pull away from the teeth. Repeat this method on the rest of your teeth.) Don't forget the back side of your last tooth.
For more information about proper oral hygiene techniques, visit the American Dental Association's Web site at www.ada.org.
*Glide® is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble.